Thom Morecroft

My photo
Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom
Hi - I'm Thom. I'm a singer-songwriter amongst many singer-songwriters living, playing and writing in Liverpool.

Saturday 17 December 2011

Last night at the CUC

Last night, I had the good fortune to be playing at the CUC for the last of the AfterworkBeforedark sessions. I turned up at 6 and I didn't know what was going on. Lucy Styles (the evening's hostess and a brilliant musician in her own right etc etc) rang me to explain that she was sorry but it wasn't on. Then someone there, who I've now found out is called Chris (a great man of many virtues) explained that it was on.

I never write down setlists. This is a gigantic flaw. All musicians everywhere should write setlists. This avoids looking around blankly wondering what you're going to play next. I think it went something like this though.

1. I Won't Tell Your Daddy (new song)
2. Where Are We Going To
3. Give of Yourself
4. Just Don't Worry 
5. Crash Into Me (Dave Matthews cover)
6. Holly
7. Cannonball (Damien Rice cover)
8. Hold Me

I think it was these songs. I really can't be entirely sure. I know I enjoyed myself. Did you? Who knows.

Met some terrific musicians; Kaya was spectacular, also brilliant were Laura James and the Lyres. The Pigeonettes were great as well.

Charley Blue plays as part of Laura James and the Lyres as a violinist. Her music is really good. She's very very strange but very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment